Botox is anti wrinkle injections, for forehead, between the eybrows and crows feet (eyes)
What is it?
- A minute quanity of Botulinum Toxin A is injected into the muscles that cause these dynamic lines.
- The injection temporarily prevents nerve signals from reaching the muscle and as a result the muscle relaxes and the lines and wrinkles become smoother and less pronounced.
- These treatments are simple and effective with minimal swelling or redness and have a proven track record for effectiveness. You would expect to see results in 4-7 days.
What it can not do...
- Wrinkle injections cannot lift or plump loose or sagging skin.
- Wrinkle injections and Dermal fillers can be combined to give a non-surgical facelift.
What is involved?
- Treatment can take as little as 20 minutes and you will be able to return to normal activities immediately afterwards.
- The smoothing effects of the first treatment typically lasts for up to 3-4 months.
- You will need to return for regular 3 monthly treatments during the first year as the optimum results are obtained if the next treatment is performed before the effects of the previous treatment has worn off.
- With repeated treatments the relaxed and softened effects will last longer.
Possible side effects
- Side effects, if they occur are usually temporary and mild to moderate, and are typically linked to the injections e.g. pain on injection, redness, swelling etc.
- In very rare cases, the spread of botulinum toxin into nearby muscles is possible when high doses are injected, hence the need to see a specialist in this field.